2015年5月11日星期一

: the music version of Harry Potter

    Hello all, this is keni xiang, and I'm doing a digital presentation of my English 1000 class. My first paper is about a Coldplay fan blog ,actually i wanted to do a blog about Harry Potter, but I found the connection between Coldplay and Harry Potter , which would be their hottest album < Viva la Vida >, every song of that album is about a character or plot in Harry Potter, now follow me and i will explain to you why Coldplay must be a big fan of Harry Potter.
  


 Ok now let's take a look at the song list in <Viva la Vida>
1 Life in Technicolor
2 Cemeteries of London
3 Lost!
4 42
5 Lovers in Japan/Reign of Love
6 Yes
7 Viva la Vida
8 Violet Hill
9 Strawberry Swing
10 Death and All His Friends
 The first song " Life in technicolor" is an absolute music that has no lyrics, we could see this song as a sincere hope for a better life which is what everyone fights for. Now let's go to the scene of  (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows )  where the big war is about to happen,here comes the second song " Cemeteries of London", “ At night they would go walking ‘till the breaking of the day ” "Through the dark streets they go searching to see God in their own way""And the night over London lay… " "There's no light over London today… " . Those describe the dementors wandering around Hogwarts.
  Then the third song " Lost" 
  Just because I'm losing ------before the big war, harry had lost many important battles
  Doesn't mean I'm lost   
  Doesn't mean I'll stop  -------but of course harry wouldn't give up so easily
  Doesn't mean I will cross   
  Just because I'm hurting ----Dumbledore and sirus and many others had died  
  Doesn't mean I'm hurt  ----still it doesn't mean harry lost all his strangth. 
  Doesn't mean I didn't get what I deserve   
  No better and no worse   
  I just got lost   -----from " the order from Phoenix“, harry is confused about many things
  Every river that I've tried to cross   
  And every door I ever tried was locked   ----and harry sure has faced many problems and challenges
  Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off...   
  You might be a big fish  ---that's what harry think of voldemort 
  In a little pond   
  Doesn't mean you've won  ----and harry's got confidence
  'Cause along may come
   A bigger one  
  And you'll be lost   ----harry has faith in winning the final war
  Every river that you tried to cross   
  Every gun you ever held went off   
  Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the firing starts   
  Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off   
  Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off   
  Ooh-Oh, And I'm just waiting till the shine wears off…  

 
   And the fourth song " 42". They say that the number 42 represent the universe, the altimate answer to the cosmos is 42. from the lyrics
Those who are dead are not dead  
  They’re just living my head
   And since I fell for that spell   
  I am living there as well   
  Oh..  
  Time is so short and I’m sure   
  There must be something more   
  Those who are dead are not dead
  They’re just living my head oh…   
  And since I fell for that spell   
  I am living there as well oh…   
  Time is so short and I’m sure   
  There must be something more   
  You thought you might be a ghost
  You thought you might be a ghost   
  You didn’t get to heaven but you made it close
  You didn’t get to heaven but you made it close   
  You thought you might be a ghost
    You thought you might be a ghost  
  You didn’t get to heaven but you made it close   
  You didn’t get to heaven but you oh oh   
  Oh oh…   
  Those who are dead are not dead   
  They’re just living my head
     I think this song is about honer those great people, pay our respect to them and get some reflection. To learn from the past. by all means, harry did find out the secrets of voldemort by looking though the memory of professors. Also this song is about the deep affection of harry toward his parents and god fathers. harry is haunted by those horrible dreams , he can see visions that others can't, which makes harry more want to dwell in the past. I think this song is more about the mind world of harry.
The fifth song " lovers in japan", well, the most obvious couple in Harry Potter would be Hermione and Ron."Lovers, keep on the road you're on ", along the way, Ron and Hermione did help each other through every single days of trouble.  " Tonight maybe we're gonna run " "Dreaming of the Osaka sun " , but there is no doubt that they both anticipate the happy life after the victory. they are not only fighting for the peace but also for their own. "But I have no doubt " "One day the sun will come out "
Next , the sixth song " YES" .This song is for dumbledore. " When it started we had high hopes , Now my back's on the line , my back's on the ropes ,When it started we were alright ,But night makes a fool of us in daylight ” It clearly expresses Dumbledore's concerns , from the very beginning, Dumbledore did everything he can to fight voldemore, he worried so much and he couldn't just lay the burden to anyone else. along the way , he has suffered enough and still he decide to sacrifice his own life . What a great man he is ! " God, only God knows I'm trying my best , But I'm so tired of this loneliness ,So, up they picked me by the big toe
,I was held from the rooftop then they let go ,There's only screaming let the windows down ,as I come to the ground ."

Here comes the seventh song " VIva la Vida", this song is for Voldemore.
I used to rule the world    ---before harry's reverse curse, voldemore has all the power
 Seas would rise when I gave the word
  Now in the morning I sweep alone  --after harry first defeated him, his soul was scattered 
  Sweep the streets I used to own  ---he could no longer go back to the old glory
  I used to roll the dice
   Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes ----voldemore sure scares most people
    Listen as the crowd would sing:
    "Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!"  ---and once there are many deatheaters followed him 
  One minute I held the key   
  Next the walls were closed on me ---between the years , he suffered enough to know that loyal is just a word.
   And I discovered that my castles stand  
  Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand   ---and he finally choose to believe only himself
  I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing  
  Roman Cavalry choirs are singing   
  Be my mirror my sword and shield  
  My missionaries in a foreign field  
  For some reason I can't explain
  Once you go there was never, never an honest word ----of course voldemore dreams of getting back everyday 
  That was when I ruled the world     
  It was the wicked and wild wind  
  Blew down the doors to let me in.   
  Shattered windows and the sound of drums
  People couldn't believe what I'd become    ----thers's was a time that people didn't believe he has returned
  Revolutionaries wait
   For my head on a silver plate
   Just a puppet on a lonely string  
  Oh who would ever want to be king?  ---and he is determined to prove to the world that he has returned to take what he derves 
  I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing  
  Roman Cavalry choirs are singing  
  Be my mirror my sword and shield
  My missionaries in a foreign field   
  For some reason I can't explain
  I know Saint Peter won't call my name   
  Never an honest word
  But that was when I ruled the world   
  I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
  Roman Cavalry choirs are singing   
  Be my mirror my sword and shield   
  My missionaries in a foreign field
   For some reason I can't explain
   I know Saint Peter won't call my name  
  Never an honest word   
  But that was when I ruled the world  

The eighth song " violet hill".This song isn't just describe a single person, i think it describes the whole view of the battle and stand for most soldiers."Was a long and dark December ,From the rooftops i remember , There was snow , White snow,Bury me in armor ,When I'm dead and hit the ground, I don't want to be a soldier ,That a captain of some sinking ship ,Would stow, far below ."

the ninth song" strawberry swing" is very cute, I'd like to think it's about the pure friendship of Harry , Hermione, and Ron.and all the good days in Hogwarts.
They were sitting
  They were sitting in the strawberry swing
  Every moment was so precious  
They were sitting
  They were talking in the strawberry swing
  Everybody was for fighting
  Wouldn't wanna waste a thing  
 Cold, cold water
  Bring me round
  Now my feet won't touch the ground
  Cold, cold water
  What ya say?
  It's such…
  It's such a perfect day
  It's such a perfect day  
I remember
  We were walking up to strawberry swing
  I can't wait 'til the morning  
Wouldn't wanna change a thing  
People leaving all the time
  Inside a perfectly straight line
  Don't you wanna curve away
  It's such…
  It's such a perfect day
  It's such a perfect day  
 Now the sky could be blue
  I don't mind
  Without you it's a waste of time  
Could be blue
  I don't mind
  Without you it's a waste of time  
 Could be blue
  Could be grey
  Without you I'm just miles away  
Could be blue
  I don't mind
  Without you it's a waste of time .
Finally the last song " Death and all his friends". This song is clearly a summary of the album, and in this case, summary of Harry Potter. Through the journey , we all went through a lot, witnessed many death and hope , but may the dead rest in peace, and the living live prosper! "And in the end We lie awake and we dream of making our escape "
As a matter of fact: Chris Martin from Coldplay has likened the band’s next album to Harry Potter. The lead singer says that the album A Head Full of Dreams may be the last album for the band. However, nothing has yet been confirmed. Martin was talking to BBC Radio 1 about Coldplay’s most current album Ghost Stories, which is the sixth studio album. He mentioned that they were already working on the seventh album, and broke the news to fans within the interview. However, he has not ruled out releasing an album years down the line. For now it seems the band wants to part ways and focus on their own things. The frontman has been in the news a lot lately due to his personal life. He and Gwyneth Paltrow split up earlier this year after 10 years of marriage. They made headlines after calling their divorce “unconscious coupling” to avoid the stigma that the term divorce brings. There were reports that they may be getting back together until Martin started dating The Hunger Games actress Jennifer Lawrence. That relationship has now allegedly come to an end. The Coldplay singer likened the next album to Harry Potter, due to it being the seventh album. The book series had seven published novels until J.K. Rowling brought the story to an end. However, she has not finished with the universe and regularly publishes updates on her website Pottermore. It leaves the door open for the band to bring out more years down the line. For Martin, it is important to think of the seventh album as the last. He wants to make sure everything goes into it, which may not happen if they think there is one more to come afterwards. However, he is not locking the door on future albums. This is something that other bands have done, only to end up getting back together. The Rolling Stones have done numerous final tours, leading to many to wonder whether they will ever stop. During the interview, the Yellow singer announced that there will be a tour with A Head Full of Dreams. This is something that fans have missed with Ghost Stories. The band seemed to decide to get straight back into the studio to work on their next album, despite the success of their sixth. It seems that Ghost Stories was too personal to do a full tour with it. The lead singer said that it was great to be able to get straight back in the studio. Martin acknowledged that he was nervous about confirming the information in the interview. Coldplay had not discussed speaking about it, but he wanted to because it was Radio 1. He spoke about how the seventh album was the “completion of something.” He did hint that the sound on the album would be different to the previous album.
Magic, which was the first single released from their most recent album, made it to the number one spot of Radio 1’s top 100 songs for 2014. It beat the likes of Eminem, Slipknot and Hozier. While thanking fans who voted for his song, Martin likened Coldplay’s next album to Harry Potter by announcing that it could be the last album from the band.

here's some interesting harry potter and coldplay videos.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB6tB0Rwng4

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=coldplay+and+harry+potter&qpvt=coldplay+and+harry+potter&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=18A9C86F01DC790B069918A9C86F01DC790B0699
  

没有评论:

发表评论